Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Papers!

-------------->EXISTENTIAL PONDERING<------------------


I remember being 6 or 7 years old (hello 1970!), and getting the paper everyday in the morning. The Detroit Free Press was the paper of choice in my house, it came before the sun came up, my mom would always be reading it when i came down and got ready for school. She always had her left hand over the cup, and i remember seeing the steam from the hot coffee rising fron between her fingers as she read the Free Press. What a vivid image that is this morning.

So Sunday morning papers are hardly around anymore, they're available of course, but all the news is already old. I still enjoy reading the paper but just for the details that MSNBC or FOX leave out. It seems that all the details are in....well, the details.

Ernest Hemingway (drunk, misogynist, author and  hunter in that order I think), said that
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived that distinguish one man from another.

Not quite brilliant, but he makes a good point. I am trying to show my boys as best I can that being positive and funny and strong are the right qualities to grow with you. This is a detail that I want to live with.

Especially now.

Meanderings!

I visited my office after a month of missing work on STD (ha ha). It was very cool to see everyone, it looks like they have had no trouble filling in the gap i have left behind. Which is important, no single piece of the machine can be so essential that the machine fails. I only wish, in retrospect, I had created better documentation on process, function and configuration. There's a goal for my return.

I started my 4th week of treatment on Friday. Only 21 chemo and 15 rads to go. Then a short hiatus an MRI and an assessment to go. Side effects have gone from nothing to minimal. Ahh progress. Sleeping is a chore, i cannot stay asleep for nothing, unless it's the middle of the day, then i can drop out for 3-4 hours no problem. We have come to call these Dog-Naps.

I refilled my rx for the Temodar on friday and there was a sticker on the box I found funny here's a pic:

Tough pic to take considering all the factors involved (construction on 94, speed zone, tumor....)  but i got it!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone, not a bunch to say that hasn't been said already. I hope your weather is nice today!

Jeff


4 comments:

  1. omg!!! Too funny
    shir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up. We have not filled the gap you left. well -- the others might have (insert laughter!) -- but yourstrulyanonymous certainly has not. My brain does not absorb fax server minituae (it's like algebra-- just doesn't stay on my cranial hard drive). P.S. that photo is hilarious. love that warped sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA.

    OMG. I love posts like this. I used to (ok, I still do) warn people with "Thought Vomit" but "Existential Pondering" is clearly so much better for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sticker. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete