Monday, October 7, 2013

Back in the day....

I remember back in 1995 i moved from San Diego to a city called Melbourne, FL. For reasons that i would like to keep discreet it was the best thing for me at that time, it's what some people would call a Geographic. In this context a geographic has a very specific meaning.

When I first moved out there i had detroit leftover in me, young, thuggish, recreational drug user all kinds of nonsense. I was a pressman by trade and was lucky enough to be able to find work running a printing press just about anywhere. To make me double lucky i found work at a small print shop at i will call EP.

At the time it was just another paycheck and i could leave at any time. But over the course of my first year at this run of the mill printshop something began to change. I began to notice that the owner and her husband were genuinely good people. They had a concern for my well being and i wasn't sure why.

One day it dawned on me that the concern they had wasn't for me necessarily, they were just being themselves, Good People.

The reason i am bringing this up is because after 10 years we are going to be in their neighborhood and i am very excited to introduce them to my family and show off my beautiful wife and kids. I don't think i would be here with B, M, and R with if it weren't for the example that F and S showed me. I feel like i owe them a lot and for this i thank them.


11 comments:

  1. Hey, where is the "Like" button on this thing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sends a note to the people on your friends list saying they should read it. I thats all it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are good people everywhere. You just have to find them. They hide, but they are in our midst. :-) I'm glad you can take your awesome family to people who cared about you and show them the heights to which you have ascended. A triumph, indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And don't forget to send your wife flowers every now and then. Even if you are around all the time, underfoot, in her way, blah blah. Flowers -- moron! Don't forget. Tip: Getting them delivered at the workplace is #1. 1-800-flowers. Remind that beautiful lady who is your better half that you appreciate her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know he appreciates her every waking moment. He tells everyone. Whats the purpose in name calling? Does it make you feel good? And i dont even have to post as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey anonymous, I'm positive that my brothers wife, my sister in-law knows how much she is appreciated and not just by him, but his 3 sisters as well. your arrogance or you advice is something that is not needed on this blog. So I would very much APPRECIATE if you stop with the name calling. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone. I am saddened that you thought I was being serious. I'm really very sorry. I apologize if I have offended. Jeff knows that I'm joking, and Bec is familiar with my sense of humor. It's just a lighthearted term (anyone who has talked with jeff knows he is most CERTAINLY not anything but BRILLIANT). This is just the way that Jeff and I as co-workers used to diffuse immense stress at work. Again -- my most sincere heartfelt apology. I will refrain from posting anything, as I seem to always step on toes here without any intent whatsoever. I've worked diligently and quite hard to do everything in my power to support Jeff and Bec...at work and from a personal perspective. I have nothing but knees-on-the-floor prayers daily for my friend -- and I (again) mean no ill-will. I post with my name so you know who I am and, with tears in my eyes, ask your forgiveness. It's just an Irishwoman's way of trying to say something to Jeff in the conversational tone we used to parlay at work. xoxoxo to all and from here on out you'll see no further posts from me. Godspeed~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderings, so glad to hear you're truly a friend. I did find it hard to believe someone would be that cold. If i did make you feel bad i too apologize but i think we are all overly sensitive at this point. Continue to keep him in your prayers and my family appreciates your caring and support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wondering.... please accept my most sincerest apologies, I did not know you guys were friends because you posted anonymous. Its that we his sisters are kind of of protective of Jeff. Please do not stop posting because I think he does look forward to the comments. So as his little sister goes you do have my permission to call his a moron any time you want. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Bevvy, It looks like there has been some miscommunication while i was out of the loop. My sister's mean the world to me, and NO-ONE has much of an idea how much you mean to beck and myself.

    You are the best.

    For Shir and Sal, thank you for coming to my defence against some anonymous poster. Sometimes i will go several days without looking to see if there were any pusts and it is nece to know that someone out there is keeping an eye out for me.

    Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well... I must say I'm greatly relieved to know Jeff and Beck have unfailing support towards an insensitive comment. I must say, I actually did have a functional edit button...as what I usually called him was a little worse lol! If I thought for a minute he ever took me seriously I would never have uttered that. Glad glad glad to know we are still friends here. Do know I have, do, and will be here for anything that any of you need. I don't do windows and I hate laundry...but I'm here for anything else you may need :-)

    ReplyDelete