Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Papers for 9/29


It looks as if our boys are on hot streaks.
They both played yesterday and won again. They get pretty excited. This puts Mitchell at 3 and 1 and 
Reese at 4 and 0.
Pretty proud of them!

There is a lot of practice that goes into these games and they are working their buts off so they deserve the winns.



So for us this week it has been a not too exciting week, it seems as if you could classify it as maintenance on the medical front. We started both chemos again on monday, one of them runs 5 days one runs 7. (I know i have mentioned this before but the 5 day course strikes me as a little convenient. They did the five day treatment for the radiatio as well, monday through friday.

We had a follow up mri at the end of last week and we got mixed messages about the determination. The physician that looked at the results said he say a progression while my physician was lees sure, so we have another one scheduled for next week. This should be the one to pay attention to.

Since we started the new chemo course i have noticed changes in my illness:
  • My vision from my left-occipital log seems to be deteriorated.
  • Headaches are constant, even though medications
  • My higher level word processing is either worse or just pointed out, embarrassingly so, by my speech pathologist. (Which is really what i would expect from her, find the issues and address the directly)
So i chalk this up to just a normal recovery process right, Optimistic Doctors, Optimistic Bec and myself. No problem.

But thoughts need to be addressed: this thing IS gonna get the better of me eventually. Preparations need to be made just contemplating the list is overwhelming. The afterlife is not for me, that goes to my survivors, but the ideas and goals and hopes and plans and memories and mistakes made, these are mine to share.

But where to start? I have a list started in another forum, but it's a list and that is not the proper format for sharing. I think once that these details will start to come out before too long and i will share as much as i can with my readers but for the most part they will be hand written in the journal that LittleS gave me a while back. That should be the perfect forum i think.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Sunday, B is making bacon and eggs and muffins (she is the best) and i am starving!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment