Monday, September 9, 2013

INSIDIOUSNESS (no, i didn't make it up)

On this Monday morning i have awoken with an realization that i have a tendency to be a prick. And left unchecked my prickishness will creep in and take over my interaction with people. I try to remember that no one knows what is in my head, weather i am on the verge of falling asleep, of nauseous or joint pains, no one knows but my reaction seems to be as if they should know that is a ridiculous notion. For me to expect others to behave in a certain manor based on my mystery feeling of the moment is an embarrassing notion that i need to get under control for the sake of my relationships with people.

So let me say this clearly right now: I will improve and explain and empathy and not blame anyone for MYSELF. I also will remember that OTHER people are involved in this process and they CARE about me, that is a precious commodity and it is valued to me, I will not be squander it by my insidious prickishness.


Pinky Promise



3 comments:

  1. Hi J: When Scott was hurt - broken cheek, broken teeth, ripped tongue, and short term memory loss (he knew me one minute, the next he just thought i was a good-looking woman who wandered into his house), he was (in cognitive moments) a P.R.I.C.K. So - I get it...most: I get what the caregivers are receiving. I got it for three years (actually one thousand, one hundred and nineteen days)...and one day I said "ENOUGH!"

    So spare yourself of having to hear your wife yell that in your face and remind yourself what you wrote up there. We don't know when you hurt UNLESS YOU TELL US. We don't know when you are sad/lonely/sleepy/achy UNLESS YOU TELL US. Don't be a proverbial "GUY" -- please start the AMAZINGLY effective practice of relating your feelings and emotions. You don't have to dump it all on the ground like a chemical spill...but you can say things once in a while to clue us in. :-)

    From your friend who HAS BEEN THERE SORT OF SOMEWHAT WITH A SIMILAR MODEL DOUCHEBAG LIKE YOU ARE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this?



      JK, thanks littleB.

      Never fail to leave a laugh behind.

      Delete
    2. Who is this?



      JK, thanks littleB.

      Never fail to leave a laugh behind.

      Delete