Thursday, September 19, 2013

One way tickets revisitede

So on this exceptionally chilly thursday morning i am thinking of what it takes to to become whole again.

I feel as if pieces of me are missing, call it a chemical reaction to all the meds i am taking, or a normal feeling based on my surgery. Regardless, the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle do not all seem to go together in the same way as they did previously. It;s still a puzzle that fits together but now it makes a Pony instead of a Lighthouse if you know what i mean.

It feels as if i am a new (different) person, i have different skills and abilities (not superhero variety, that would be fine), but now i have to figure things out. I have to read and reread things to make sense of them. If, for example, i stop writing this blog in mid-paragraph for some reason i will need to go back to the beginning of the section and reread in order to pick up my thread and continue. As if someone else had written it. (My speech therapy knows EXACTLY what i am going through, and has exercises and drills to assist, (i thought i was unique)

I know what i know, I have been looking through some of my advanced Cisco security books, I know this stuff, within limits. I haven't lost anything that i am aware of (!) But the assimilation of new knowledge is difficult to say the least. Like i said though, my speech therapist has zeroed in on the exact problem area and is forcing me to work on strategies to learn the brain new tricks. I need to get this functionality back my ability to garner and synthesize new knowledge from existing info has always been a tool i've used to it's maximum.

For example, we picked up a new MFD with scanner, fax and printer. The hardware is hooked up in minutes, it is a logical connection that is darn near universal. BUT the software to control the device is independent and all based on the manufacturer, that is where the trouble begins. This might take two days to finish....feels kind of helpless.

So as far as a One-Way-Ticket geos  Yes, they are all one way, your destination might be the same but the journey will change you forever.






Trip update,
 
          ,_
          I~
          |\
         /|.\
        / || \
      ,'  |'  \
   .-'.-==|/_--'
   `--'-------'    




Erin and i came up with a plan......we found some fake gold and silver pirate treasure on amazon, we are gonna hide it on the beach and make a treasure map to put insife a bottle witha cork for the boys to find and follow while at the beach. Shhhh, dot say anything.

Everything else seems to be in place, the only item that makes me nervous is the bout lease, we haven't heard from the owners ye, they may be busy with other charters though, so i will be patient.

Have a good day people!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that treasure hunt idea! Your boys will go gaga over that. Fantabulous! You could always bury (not too deep), a frozen margarita, a good book, and an iPOD and headphones - and send B on a treasure hunt also -- although I suggest perhaps you could just set these items on her table and kiss her on the forehead.

    I am excited for all of you! What a great trip ahead.

    ReplyDelete