Thursday, July 11, 2013

Let the Games Begin

So here we go. 

I received a call from P, she is the study nurse that is corresponding the treatments, the normal Rad + Chemo plus the study med. She said that she has received all the blood, urine and MRI tests and I have been approved for the study, all systems are go. Additionally, of the two "legs" of the study I have been selected for the leg with the additional drug. yay, (i keep telling myself)

Tomorrow i will meet up with her 1 hour before my RAD treatment, give more blood (and other liquids) for the before portion of the study. At that time (exactly i hour before RAD) I will ingest  demon1 and demon2. Wait the 1 hour and be RADed.

I am nervous.

The RAD process is intimidating. It's quick, like 10 minutes, but theres this process where you lay on a table and they put this mask on me, buckle it into a table with theses clips so my head can not move. This is an accurate representation of it.




The face has been created from my face via a sort of wet-mesh that form fitted as it dried. Alignment marks have been made on it to align the RAD hits the same spots each visit. (5 days a week for 6 weeks.)  Ten simple minutes.

The horses are on the track.

After the RAD and meds the boys and I get to go out to Bloomfield to visit with B, thanks to that prick Gammons she will not be here...This has deteriorated into a stream of consciousness ramble-rant, but i guess that is where my thought process have gone for the time being.

6-weeks to go. Like I said Let the Games Begin.




4 comments:

  1. I'm over from S's blog. I'll be thinking of you during this process! Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, I came over to say that I wish you the best. It is a tough one GBM. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Syd.

      I feel good and strong. My physicians are special and the people around me even more so.

      Delete