Tuesday, July 2, 2013

PROVIDENCE: The Protective Care of Nature as a Special Power

I was afraid it was a stroke.

In my mind that was the worst of all possible problems. Little did I know that there are fates worse than relearning.

One of the funniest people i have ever heard speak was named Patrice O'Neil. He had this conversational pretzel-logic that was hypnotic and rational and made perfect sense, until he was done talking, then you would go "what the fuck did he just say? He could explain and rationalize anything from any viewpoint, racism, sexism, fish-tank care (really). Funny, funny man. If you have time watch this video...


Anyway, Patrice died died after a stroke about 1 1/2 years ago. He was what kept going through my mind. Died after a stroke. How can that be?

The good folks at Providence determined pretty quickly that this wasn't a stroke. I am not sure of the specifics, it seemed that they found out within an hour that I was stroke free.

 I guess that this....


is not what a stroke looks like.
1.5cm mass.

Oh, I've got pictures. My surgeon was kind enough to take pictures of my brain during surgery, before and after photos show off a big difference. As soon as i am more comfortable with this bloggy-thing i will find a way to publish them discretely. They are fascinating.



No comments:

Post a Comment